This week I did two career day talks at a high school. One of the students asked me what advice I would give myself in high school. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. I tell my students to be brave, to take risks, but really, what would I tell the younger Julie?
- Take the business minor. You’ll need it later. But you’re right about trigonometry.
- Enjoy the shoulder pads. They aren’t coming back, and you rock them.
- Red lipstick always works.
- You’re perfect just the way you are. Honestly, I have been on a diet for most of my life, and didn’t need to be back then. I was fine.
- Regrets are such a waste of time. Both having them, and avoiding them.
- Being nice and being kind aren’t the same thing. You don’t always have to be nice, you always need to be kind.
- Take risks. The worst…
View original post 80 more words